At SignUpGenius, we’re constantly inspired by how people use our site to change communities in significant ways. Whether it’s coordinating volunteers at a local homeless shelter or donating supplies for mission trips around the world, SignUpGenius users truly make a difference. That’s a big reason corporate giving is such an important part of our culture.
We focus our giving in particular on organizations that care for vulnerable and at-risk children. Here are some of the worthy causes we’ve donated to recently:
SignUpGenius financially supports Brookstone Schools in our hometown Charlotte, and employees partner as “buddies” for two children who attend the school. Brookstone provides a private Christian education to children from financially challenged families. In 2017, SignUpGenius gave $25,500 to the school.
Christian Adoption Services
SignUpGenius gives regularly to this Matthews, N.C.-based nonprofit that helps match children with adoptive parents. The agency has helped place more than 2,000 children domestically and from 18 foreign countries. This past year, we were able to provide $19,050 to CAS’ efforts to place children in forever families.
African Christians Fellowship International
SignUpGenius partners with ACFI to provide education for indigent and orphaned children in Liberia. In addition to regular donations, in 2014 we donated to help send a team to Liberia to work at two mission homes. The money went toward maintenance projects as well as needs such as bed nets, school supplies and equipment. In 2017, SignUpGenius donated $33,700.
SignUpGenius supports Samaritan Purse’s efforts to help victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, famine and disease in Jesus’ name. We donated more than $29,000 in 2017.
SignUpGenius is committed to helping children achieve. We've donated to a number of education-related causes, including:
- St. Mary's School: In 2017, SignUpGenius donated $5,000 to this Bloomington, Illinois, school after it won the company's Genius Tech Giveaway to upgrade its technology.
- Operation School Bell: SignUpGenius donated to the Assistance League of Charlotte's program, which provides clothing for children in need.
- Outstanding Teachers: In 2016, SignUpGenius donated $5,000 — $500 each — to 10 outstanding teachers nominated in our Back-to-School Teacher Wish List Giveaway.
- Bicentennial PTO: This Nashua, New Hampshire, nonprofit won a $1,000 donation in 2016 as part of our volunteer appreciation giveaway.
- St. Joseph’s Catholic School: The Mt. Hope, Kanas, school was able to expand and remodel their school’s library with the $5,000 they won in our Library Makeover contest.
- Clara Barton Elementary School: The Oxford, Mass.-based school won $5,000 in our Back-to-School Boost contest to go toward books for the school library and playground equipment.
- Sterling Elementary School: SignUpGenius donated $500 to the low-income school in Charlotte for a Scholastic Books program.
- Community House Middle School: SignUpGenius donated $500 to the Charlotte school’s dance program in memory of instructor Robin Shore’s husband, Jeff.
- Classroom Central: SignUpGenius donates to the Charlotte-based charity, which collects and distributes school supplies to needy children.
- Mountainville Academy: SignUpGenius’ Fundraising Made Easy Giveaway awarded $2,500 to the Alpine, Utah, school to assist with their fundraising efforts.
- Montessori Design School: SignUpGenius awarded $3,000 in our 2014 Back-to-School Giveaway to this Nashville, Texas-based school.
Giving back to the Charlotte community we call home is important to SignUpGenius. Here are some other causes that have touched our heart:
- Silent Images: SignUpGenius donated to this Matthews-based nonprofit that provides charities with professional photography and videography services to help spread their messages.
- Urban Ministry Center: SignUpGenius donated and employees volunteered at the Charlotte-based nonprofit, working in the garden, serving lunch and providing cookies and bottled water. Urban Ministry offers food and services to the local homeless population.
- Loaves & Fishes: SignUpGenius employees helped sort and pack food donations at this local food pantry.
- Second Harvest Food Bank: SignUpGenius donated to the regional distribution warehouse that supplies food and grocery items to charitable agencies that assist people in need.
- Isabella Santos Foundation: SignUpGenius donated to this Charlotte nonprofit that raises money to research cures for Neuroblastoma and other pediatric cancers.
- Bright Blessings: SignUpGenius provided funds for birthday blessing bags for homeless youth, and employees spent time serving in the "Giving Village" to assemble the bags.
- Me Fine Foundation: SignUpGenius has donated to this organization, which provides financial resources for parents of critically ill children at Duke and UNC Children's Hospitals.
- The Common Heart: SignUpGenius has donated and volunteered at this Indian Trail, N.C.-based food pantry, which also delivers hundreds of Thanksgiving meals each year to low-income families.
- Lucy Love Project: Provides blankets and clothing to critically ill or premature babies in the NICU at Levine Children’s Hospital.
Employee Matching Gift Program
To show our support for the causes our staff members are passionate about, SignUpGenius matches employee donations to registered 501c3 nonprofits. Each SignUpGenius employee is entitled to a $500 matching contribution per year.
SignUpGenius matched nearly $7,000 in 2017 to organizations including Action Against Hunger, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Compassion International, Beds for Kids, Feed the Children and Safe Alliance.
Posted by Erin Dunn
Posted by Dennis Thoennes on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:15 PM EST
Your generosity and actions inspire me to give also. Thank you for being good examples and for your leadership.
Post Your Comment
NOTE: You do not need an account to post. For the ability to delete, create an account.